Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
International Thespian Officers (ITO) Candidate Application
The International Thespian Officers (ITO) are six Thespian student leaders who represent the student voice in the Educational Theatre Association (EdTA) and the International Thespian Society. These officers work year-round with EdTA staff, chapter and board leaders, and Thespians from across the globe to develop student leaders, advocate for theatre arts, and create meaningful opportunities and experiences for other students.
Selected applicants will be interviewed by phone for inclusion on the ITO election slate. ITO elections take place during the Student Leadership Program in June.
Eligibility requirements for ITO candidacy:
- Must be an inducted Thespian
- Currently a sophomore or junior in high school
- Letter of recommendation from applicant’s troupe director or other adult that can speak to student’s leadership potential
- Has completed and submitted an ITO candidacy application
ITO duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as officers of the International Thespian Student Leadership Council (ITSLC)
- Conduct virtual leadership workshops open to ALL inducted Thespians and interested students
- Team Building
- Community Outreach/Communications/PR/Marketing/Social Media
- When invited, and fully funded by inviting chapter to include an adult EdTA staff chaperone, attend in-person chapter events and lead workshops
- Serve as the student voice to EdTA (staff and board) and Educational Theatre Foundation (ETF)
- Be Ambassadors for EdTA to the larger student membership
- Oversee / direct activities of the ITSLC
- Virtual Meetings
- Annual Student Leadership Training (Student Leadership Summit)
- Service Project
- Tool kits development / deployment from service projects
- Integration into EdTA / ETF activities (i.e. JumpStart Theatre / Pathways)
We, the 2020-2021 ITO Board, know that the application and candidacy process may seem daunting now, but promise that it will be incredibly rewarding. Thank you for your leadership and your willingness to serve Thespians all over the world. You got this and we’re here to help! If you have any questions about the application, the candidacy, or being an ITO, please do not hesitate to reach out at email@example.com or @ThespianSociety on Instagram!
The deadline to apply is April 15 at 11:59 pm EST. Click below to begin!